Friday, October 16, 2009

A nice fall poem.



"Autumn Leaves," by Minnie Hopkins



About the chilly, ragged lawns they lie In small decaying heaps. And pausing here,



I can but mark them sadly, crushed, forlorn,

Mute emblems of the slowly dying year.

Can they be those I saw so lately swing

Green-robed and merry on the maple trees,

And later, clad in flaming, golden gowns,


Joy-riding on the sweet October breeze?

Ride high and free, such little time ago

And now they lie so low! they lie so low I

And yet why pity them? Full well they lived

Their God-appointed plan, died joyously,

And left a golden memory! Pray who

Could ask a fairer fate for them, or me?









I don't know about you, but that definately puts me in a good mood. Speaking of good moods, I'm feelings particularly good about my Midterms for once! Actually, I don't know why the school didn't do this sooner. It's a great chance to get your grades up, and it's all still fresh in your mind. Finals were terrible last year! We had huge review packets and I didn't even remember half of it. I feel good about these today. :)
Tomorrow, alas (Dumbledore moment!), is our final marching band competition. Always a sad day for all of us band geeks, but an exciting and happy one too, because we look foreward to next year's show. Or, at least I do anyway. Yeah, I am that big of a geek. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers